Monday, March 9, 2009

We warned you Facebookers



We have been trumpeting the privacy issues surrounding Facebook for quite some time here at the Clarion Content. This week Facebook cost another person a job. The lesson, don't post negative things about your employer on your Facebook, unless you are prepared to face the consequences.

The story is Philadelphia Eagles employee, Dan Leone, who managed the west gate of the stadium was upset when the Eagles let star safety Brian Dawkins escape to Denver via free-agency. Unfortunately, Leone instead of keeping it to himself posted on his Facebook, "Dan is bleeping devastated about Dawkins signing with Denver ... Dam Eagles R Retarted!!"

Bad idea. Dan Leone is now an ex-Eagles employee. ESPN cites the Philadelphia Inquirer,
"I shouldn't have put it up there [he] said...I was ticked off, and I let my emotions go, but I didn't offend any one person or target a specific individual. I was just upset that we lost such a great guy. Dawkins was one of my favorite players. I made a mistake."

Leone said he was shocked to lose his job of six years.

"I apologized for it...I apologized 20 million times. I never bad-mouthed the organization before. I made one mistake and they terminate me? And they couldn't even bring me into the office to talk to me? They had to do it over the phone? At least look me in the eye. To get done dirty like this, I can't believe it. I'm devastated."

No comments: